11.28.2009

Thanksgiving

We had an awesome time celebrating Thanksgiving this year! I even got to watch part of the parade! Our wonderful friend's family hosted Brian, me, and two of our Canadian friends for the Big Meal. It was a mini project reunion, minus the other half of our team from this summer.

Here are some photos from Turkey Day:
Megan cooking pancakes for us.



Megan and her jersey from Hjorring Fortuna. (I know I didn't spell it right... I don't speak Danish.)



Brian getting familiar with the rules before they dove into Uno Madness.



Let the Madness begin!




Megan freaking out as the tiles popped. They don't call it Madness for nothin.



The delicious spinach salad with pears, parmesan, and homemade vinaigrette.
And some reading material about Fortuna.




Tim was ready for the man food.



Laura, our hostess, showing off the beautiful sweet potato pie. (She did the marshmallows, Fred did the rest.)



Fred carving the bird. It was so good. He's quite the chef. I won't tell you his secret for getting such a juicy bird. ;o)



Megan diving into the goodies. She cleaned her salad plate first, so I suppose it's okay.

1 comment:

Jill said...

hmmmm that pie sure looks yummy. i just discovered those sweet potato pies like a year ago. glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving! :)