2.17.2009

3 days

Ok here's my day so far:

  • 7:30 - wake up late and have a pillow crease on my face for a good hour and a half but go into the office proudly nonetheless.
  • 8:30 - start to enjoy a cup of freshly brewed Starbucks Christmas blend because Vicki has spoiled us and I just can't stomach the "coffee" that the office brews for free.
  • 9:00 - drive over to WalMart to drop the car off for an oil change before we drive to Seattle
  • 9:30 - get back to the office after walking back from WalMart; answer a few emails and write a few letters including one that will hopefully make our border crossing easier... *fingers crossed*
  • 10:00 - walk to Costco to get a few items. Costco is right next door, no biggie. I didn't think I'd be there for more than 30 minutes total.
  • 10:10 - walk up to the Optometrist counter to pick up Brian's contacts.
  • 11:00 - finally get contacts and pay for them. Yes, I stood and waited for 45 minutes while the only man working attempted to fix a pair of glasses, knowing that as soon as I walked away he'd be done. Vicki was helpful and went to get things while I stood. Flash backs to my childhood while mom waited in line for something and I went in search of her items.
  • 11:30 - walk to lunch with a friend. Very nice break.
  • 12:30 - back in the office and answer a few more emails.
  • 1:00 - walk back to WalMart, purchase $130 worth of items that barely fill two grocery bags... That's an awful feeling, but it was mostly medications for all the potential scenarios we'll face in Nicaragua. Then pick up the car which ended up being more than a simple oil change. Not too surprised.
  • 2:00 - pick up Brian to run to the bank
  • 2:30 - treat myself to a tall raspberry java chip frappuccino blended coffee for a job well done.
  • 3:00 - I'm writing this blog because I'm amazed at how much I've gotten done! And every time I left the building or came back I took the stairs! Except this last time because we were carrying lots of gear that has now made our trunk smell like soccer. Soccer does not smell good.

:o)

2 comments:

Michelle R. said...

Becca! Raspberry java chip frappuchino!??!?! That was the high school mainstay - oh my, you're taking me back approximately 7 years and I'm loving it. I almost feel like running out to get one right now......

mellamovaca said...

yes! it was so good! definitely as good as we remember :o)