9.23.2008

genius

I've recently discovered the new genius feature in iTunes. I'll admit, as a conservative PC user, I was a bit skeptical at first. Every time I've had to update iTunes something quirky goes wrong with it... and just makes me dig in my heels as a PC user against Macs. But after having my hard drive wiped clean because of a virus, I had to download all of my applications again, including iTunes 8. Well, I tried it out yesterday and I must say, I rather like it. I simply start playing a song that I feel like listening to and click the genius icon and voila! Genius takes my song selection, compares it to what other iTunes users, and choose songs from my library that others have paired that song with to create a playlist. I'm excited to see what it can do with all of my Christmas songs...

Here's a screenshot of my iTunes, letting genius make a playlist from one of the classics, Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something. (Click on the screenshot to see a larger version.)




Oh, and I could never quite understand that one line... "and I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's. She said I think I remember the film line. As I recall we both kind of liked it. And I said well that's the one thing we've got." And there you have it! Hopefully we've cleared that up for everyone who ever made a fool of themselves mumbling along, making up words to that part.

No comments: