10.24.2006

Vancouver, the Hollywood of the North

Today they were filming something on campus and I was quite intrigued at the whole setup. Bad Angel Productions was filming something from their show Fallen. I never realized what all goes on behind the scenes. But at the same time, it was rather annoying not being able to walk on the sidewalks or get to a parking lot. I've seen lots of film crews set up all around the Greater Vancouver Area since moving, it's becoming kind of routine. But today was the first time I got to see a scene being filmed. I didn't recognize any of the actors, but then if they're not on Gilmore Girls then I wouldn't know them. I tried finding a picture from the internet but I couldn't find anything. Not even on Google!

The fact that they were filming something on campus today really distracted me. I don't know why but I couldn't focus very well. Then I asked myself, "Why is this such a big deal? I don't even know who they are." Why is it such a big deal when there is a celebrity sighting? Why do we care so much about people on tv or music artists? I don't want my life to be so easily thrown off course because of a person I don't even know. I don't want to be sucked into the magazines in the checkout lines or the entertainment news tv shows. Life is about so much more than that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Tuesday, I saw this one guy who at first glance just looked like another student, but then I was like, wait a sec, he seems familiar. I thought about it some more as I walked to the library for our discipleship study. Then I was like that's the guy who was Amy's boyfriend on Everwood!
Long story.
You're right though; it's not a big deal. Like I said, he pretty much looked like any other student. And really celebrities are just other people. Sometimes I wonder who is sharing Christ with celebrities.