9.01.2006

If Jesus drank coffee, then it's good enough for me.

If you have at least one cup of coffee a day does that automatically make you addicted? I'm beginning to wonder if I am. Brian hates the stuff, but I think about it all the time. I think about it more than chocolate. Mmm... I'm thinking about an iced white mocha from Starbucks right now. I guess the best way to find out if it's an addiction is to try to stop, right? But it's so comforting, I don't want to stop. I enjoy being able to relax with a warm cup of coffee in my hands. Water just doesn't do it for me.

Have you ever wondered if Jesus drank coffee? Or tea? He had a quiet time, got away from the disciples and went off by himself quite frequently. I bet he stopped by a coffee shop, got a tall half caff laté to go, and then he could really get started. Coffee gets you ready for the day and gives you that mid-afternoon boost you need. It helps you collect your thoughts and calms you when you are ready to punch someone. Plus it just smells good.

So to all the coffee drinkers, don't let the rest of the population bother you when they tell you that coffee is bad for you and you should lay off it. They are just grumpy because they haven't had their coffee yet. But for the sake of those around you, finish it off with a stick of gum or a tic tac. May God bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you, coffee drinkers!

2 comments:

anna said...

i love you!

Anonymous said...

hey Becca! you fit right into Vancouver what with your love for both Starbucks coffee and bubbletea. i'm a fan of the pumpkin spiced lattes and the banana coconut frapps minus the banana. :)